X
    • 20 JUN 14
    • 0
    Coup for new estate: Caerleon Estate residents will be first in Mudgee to connect to NBN

    mudgee

    Residents of the new Caerleon Estate in Mudgee will be the first in the town to connect to the National Broadband Network (NBN).

    Developers Caerleon Mudgee have reached an agreement with NBN Co to extend broadband services throughout the 1200-lot estate.

    Caerleon Mudgee director, Nathan Davis, said the agreement was a coup for the development.

    “This will be the first masterplanned estate in Mudgee and the first people to move in will be the first to have NBN connections,” he said.

    ‘DESIGN GUIDELINES MEAN THAT THE ESTATE WILL CONTAIN QUALITY HOMES AND BUYERS CAN BE CONFIDENT THAT THE VALUE OF THEIR PROPERTIES WILL BE MAINTAINED’
    – CAERLEON MUDGEE DIRECTOR, NATHAN DAVIS

    The first stage of the Caerleon Estate, comprising 56 lots, is currently on the market.

    The first stage will include a display village of 11 homes, plus 45 other blocks.

    “We have had interest in the display village from three builders and we will have it up and running by the end of the year,” Mr Davis said.

    Mr Davis said that the estate will not be limited to the houses provided by the builders participating in the display village.

    The first land release will include blocks ranging from 700 square metres to more than 1000 square metres, with land prices expected to start at around $140,000.

    Later stages of the estate will include blocks of more than two acres.

    “Design guidelines mean that the estate will contain quality homes and buyers can be confident that the value of their properties will be maintained,” Mr Davis said.

    The Caerleon Estate will include a neighbourhood centre with a childcare centre, neighbourhood shopping centre, central parks and playgrounds and cycleways.

    Mr Davis said Caerleon Mudgee had signed an agreement with an childcare operator and aimed to have the childcare centre open by the second half of 2016.

    Depending on council approval, the childcare centre could provide places for up to 120 children, he said.

    Mr Davis said no dual occupancy developments will be permitted in the first stage of the development.

    He said there had been ongoing interest from the public in the estate.

    “Most people want to know ‘when is it happening?’”

    “We are excited that the estate is going to kick off and we want people to know that this is really happening.”

     

    The original article can be found at the following link:

    http://www.mudgeeguardian.com.au/story/2363282/coup-for-new-estate-caerleon-estate-residents-will-be-first-in-mudgee-to-connect-to-nbn/?cs=1485#slide=1

    Leave a reply →

Photostream